One of the three triterpenes isolated from Centella asiatica. Its wound healing property has been attributed to its ability to stimulate collagen synthesis.
Madecassic acid’s properties:
– Anti-inflammatory: Modulation of epidermal inflammation reactions
– Regulating: Desensitisation of the keratinocytes, reduction of keratinocyte proliferation. Reducing the activity of enzymes (matrix metallo proteins – MMPs) that contribute to the breakdown of the skin’s matrix or framework
– Restructuring: Restructuring of the extracellular matrix of the dermis, stimulation of synthesis of collagen types I and III.
Madecassic acid’s applications:
– Skin damaged by aggressive environmental influence
– Sensitive and very sensitive skin
– Skin prematurely aged by sun exposure, dry rooms or generally accelerated skin ageing
– After sun care
– Dry skin
Application concentration: 0.5 %
Technical Data Sheet